Disability insurance provides you an income if you suffer a disabling illness or injury. This income replacement will help you meet your daily financial needs and obligations while you are recovering.
Short and Long Term Disability program available only to Federal Employees
Click here for more information.
Types of Individual Disability Insurance
- Income Benefit Range: Your income replacement benefit can range from 40% to 70% of your pre-disability earnings. We can help you integrate your Disability coverage with your company’s sick-leave program.
- Waiting (Elimination) Periods: Your coverage can begin the first day of a disabling injury or illness, or, for a more economical plan, coverage can begin later.
- Benefit Durations: Benefit coverage can range from four weeks to two years.
- Types of Disability: Coverage is provided for Total, Partial or Residual disability.
- Total Injury is an injury that has rendered you completely unable to perform any job functions on a temporary basis. You are expected to make a full recovery and return to work.
- Partial and Residual Injuries are injuries where you are temporarily precluded from performing a certain set of job skills but can still work at a reduced level.
Maternity Coverage: Maternity coverage is available and can be used to supplement your Individual Health Insurance.